BLACK CHRISTMAS NOUGAT
BLACK NOUGAT IS A CHRISTMAS SPECIALTY ! IT MARRIES DIVINELY WELL WITH A GLASS OF WINE FROM THE SAINT-EMILION APPELLATIONS !
• 150 g of Aquitaine honey
• 150 g of sugar
• 150 g of hazelnuts
• 150 g whole almonds
Tip : for perfect proportions, take the same amount of each ingredient as above.
- Start by roasting the dried fruits. In a hot frying pan, place the almonds and brown them for a few seconds. Keep the almonds aside and do the same with the hazelnuts.
- If the almonds or hazelnuts still have skin on, put them in a cloth and rub to remove it.
- Pour the Aquitaine honey and sugar into a stainless steel or aluminum saucepan.
- Heat slowly, without stirring, until you get a caramel color.
- Add the roasted almonds and hazelnuts to the preparation. Mix.
- Pour the mixture on greaseproof paper. Flatten the top.
- Allow to cool and harden before cutting.
Enjoy and happy holidays!