GONG BAO OF SCOTTISH SALMON WITH SICHUAN PEPPER
TAKE A DELICATELY SPICED RED WINE, IT WILL ECHO WITH THE SICHUAN PEPPER FOR A PERFECT PAIRING
150 g Red Labe Scottish salmon
a handful of peanuts
2 green (spring) onion stalks
1 tablespoon Sichuan pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon dessert wine
2 tablespoons oil
For seasoning :
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soya sauce (or sweet sauce)
1/2 teaspoon corn flour
- Chop the salmon into thin strips. Marinate with dessert wine and black pepper for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok. Add the peanuts before the oil is hot. Fry on low heat for 5 minutes.
- On the side, mix the rice vinegar, soy sauce (or sweet sauce) and corn flour.
- Remove the peanuts from the wok and keep aside. In the same pan, heat the salmon on high heat. Mix it with Sichuan pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- During the cooking process, add the green (spring) onion and the seasoning. Sauté everything and it is ready!
Serve with white rice or brown rice and a glass of Saint-Emilion wine.