CARROT CAKE WITH A ROYAL ICING
AND WHY NOT A CARROT CAKE FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
CARROT CAKE :
- 110 g soft butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 g natural yoghurt
- 350 g carrot
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 lemon
THE CARROT CAKE :
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (gas mark 6).
- Start with carrots. Two options are available for you: either you grate and keep them or you cut small cubes and you blanch them in a pan of water. They will continue to cook in the oven. Keep them aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat them.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg.
- Add the yoghurt gradually stirring continuously and add carrots.
- Grease and flour lightly the mold or cover your dish with a sheet of parchment paper and pour the preparation.
- Bake for 1 hour at 170 ° C (thermostat 5/6).
- Prick with a knife to check if the cake is cooked. If the paste remains stuck, you must let it cook a little longer. Repeat until the knife comes out smooth.
- Remove the carrot cake from the oven. Let cool for 10 minutes and remove it from the mold. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl pour the icing sugar, add the egg white. Whisk until a smooth paste.
- Squeeze the lemon half to incorporate its juice and mix well.
- If the icing is too thick, add a little more lemon juice.
- Apply the icing immediately on the cooled cake with a spatula. Spread evenly.
- Allow the icing for at least half an hour.
Add Christmas decorations: chocolate chips, beads or edible glitter and if you like some grated carrots.