CROSTINI WITH ONION JAM AND FRESH GOAT’S CHEESE
SLOWLY COOKED, AN INCOMPARABLE SOFTNESS, A VERY APPRECIABLE SWEET NOTE, ONION CONFIT IS UTTERLY CHARMING !
8 slices of bread
2 Chabichous de Poitou
4 slices of Bayonne ham
2 red onions
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 tablespoon of Aquitaine honey
A sprig of fresh thyme
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cuillère à soupe de miel d’Aquitaine
1 branche de thym frais
Sel, poivre du moulin
- Peel and finely chop the red onions.
- Fry the onions in a saucepan with olive oil and honey. Add salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes. The onions should become transparent and start to melt.
- Off the heat, add the vinegar and leave to cool.
- Toast the slices of bread and rub half a clove of garlic on them.
- On each slice of bread, place a spoon of onion jam, a slice of Chabichou du Poitou and ½ slice of Bayonne ham.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
Serve immediately and enjoy a glass of wine from the Saint-Emilion appellations.