GUINEA FOWL STUFFED WITH APPLE
WANT A CHANGE? TRY GUINEA FOWL.
A free range guinea fowl of 1.5 kg (with the liver)
250 g sausage meat
1 Belchard or Reinette apple
1 garlic clove
2 large slices of stale bread
40 cl milk
5 cl Porto
Salt and pepper (from a mill)
- Soak the bread in milk.
- Chop the garlic, shallot and the parsley. Peel the apple and cut it into small pieces.
- Mix the liver of the guinea fowl.
- In a large bowl, mix well the sausage meat, garlic and the shallot. Add the liver, parsley and Porto.
- Combine the egg. Add salt and pepper and mix
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Slide the stuffing into the guinea fowl and close with kitchen string.
- Place the bird in a dish with a little oil and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, basting regularly (every 15 minutes) with the cooking juices.
- Remove from the oven. For a succulent bird, let stand 10 minutes in the juice before serving.