MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLES TART
A GOURMET RECIPE AND FULL OF SUNSHINE!
FOR THE DOUGH:
• 250 g of flour
• 90 g of churned butter
• 1 egg yolk
FOR THE FILLING:
• 6 tasty medium tomatoes
• 130 g of pitted black olives
• 120 g of grated cheese
• 3 large onions
• 7/8 fresh basil leaves
• 5 g of sugar
• 15 g of butter
• 2 tablespoons mustard
• 5 teaspoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven, thermostat 7 (210 ° C)
2. Prepare the dough. Mix the flour and butter in a food processor and work until you get fine crumbs. Add the egg yolk and blend again. Flour a work surface and roll the dough into a ball. Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Prepare the filling. Boil water in a pan. Prick the base of the tomatoes and dip for 20 seconds into the liquid. Pass the tomatoes under cold water before peeling. Cut into small pieces.
4. Flour the worktop again and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Grease and flour the dish and place the dough. Cover the dough with a parchment paper weighted down with dried beans. Cook for 15 minutes. Let cool outside the oven without the paper.
5. In a bowl, mix the oil and the mustard. Spread the mixture over the pastry base.
6. Melt the butter in a pan. First, brown the onions, then add the diced tomatoes. Pour the juice from the pan. Garnish the tart.
7. Slice the olives and basil. In a bowl, mix with the sugar. Spread the mixture over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Let stand a few minutes before serving with a glass of Saint-Emilion appellations wine!