POACHED PEAR IN RED WINE
Number of servings
4 pears, rather firm
750 ml red wine
100g caster sugar
1 untreated orange
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla pod
1 star anise
To go with my dish
Choose a Saint-Émilion wine
- Pour the wine into a saucepan.
- Add the zest, sliced orange, sugar and spices.
- Warm over low heat while stirring.
- Peel the whole pears, keeping the ends.
- Arrange the pears in the pan and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes. Turn them regularly.
- Serve chilled, topped with hot wine. Add cookies for extra crunch.