EVERY YEAR, POULTRY IS THE CHRISTMAS STAR. AND WHAT IF WE GAVE PIGEON A CHANCE ? WITH ITS FINE AND TENDER FLESH, IT WILL DELIGHT EVERY GOURMET!
• 2 pigeons
• 2 quinces
• 2 tablespoons of oil
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• 10 cl of white wine
• Cinnamon powder
• Salt and 4-spice pepper
- In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of oil. Fry the pigeons over high heat. Season with salt and pepper and add the white wine.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat, turning the pigeons regularly. Check that there is always liquid at bottom of the pan. If not, add a little water.
- Peel the quinces, cut them into wedges, making sure to remove all the hard part around the seeds.
- Cut the quarters into pieces and divide them around the pigeons in the frying pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for 20 minutes, turning the pigeons and gently stirring the quince pieces. Add water, if necessary.
- Sprinkle the quince with sugar, flavor with cinnamon according to your taste and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve the pigeons, halved, with quince and gravy.
Enjoy and happy holidays!