SOUTHWEST FOIE GRAS AND CARAMELIZED APPLE
IT IS A SIMPLE-TO-MAKE GOURMET STARTER FOR THE END OF THE YEAR HOLIDAYS.
Lobe of fresh foie gras
2 apples from Limousin
20 g caster sugar
Fleur de sel, mill pepper.
1 glass bottom of natural apple juice
- Peel the apples and cut them into pretty 1 cm thick round slices (take care to remove the pips).
- Cut the foie gras lobe into cutlets, 1.5 cm thick.
- Season the cutlets of foie gras according to your taste (salt and pepper), and fry for 1 minute on each side in a very hot pan. Place them on absorbent paper and keep aside in a warm place.
- In the same pan (slightly lowering the temperature), caramelize the apples with the sugar while keeping a slightly crunchy center.
- When the apples are cooked, start the dressing, a slice of apple, a cutlet, topped with another slice.
- Deglaze the cooking juices over a low heat with a little apple juice and cover the foie gras / apples with this slightly sweet and delicate juice.
Serve immediately, with a glass of wine from the Saint-Emilion appellations.