THE ORLOFF ROASTED VEAL
THE ORLOFF ROASTED VEAL IS A CLASSIC.
Number of servings
- Roast veal 1.5 kg
- 600 g of mushrooms costs paris
- 5 shallots
- 8 slices bacon (or dried breast)
- 8 slices of comté (or Emmental)
FOR THE MORNAY SAUCE:
- 100 g butter
- 100 g flour
- 160 ml milk
- 100 g grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
To go with my dish
Choose a Saint-Émilion wine
- Seal the veal roast on all sides in a hot, oiled pan.
- Place the roast on a sheet of aluminium foil, add salt and pepper. Wrap the roast with aluminium and place it in a preheated oven at 170 ° C for about 45 minutes.
- For the Mornay sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Mix with a whisk.
- Add the cold milk and whisk continuously. When the sauce has thickened, add salt and pepper and sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
- Incorporate the grated cheese to the mixture and stir. Keep aside.
- Finely chop the Paris mushrooms and shallots. Sauté in a pan and after they are cooked, add one-third of the Mornay sauce.
- Slice the veal roast into 9 equal parts and interleave a slice of bacon, a slice of cheese and a spoonful of mushroom mixture.
- Make a spear-like stand with the reconstituted roast. Coat with Mornay sauce and bake the roast on low heat to broil.