WINTER WHOLEMEAL AND GINGERBREAD PUDDING
A DESSERT TO ACCOMPANY A GLASS OF SAINT-EMILION?
5 slices of stale wholemeal bread
5 slices of gingerbread
3 farm eggs
200 ml of sweetened condensed milk
600 ml of milk
50 grams of walnuts
2 Reine des Reinettes apples
2 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Cut the bread – wholemeal and gingerbread – into 2 cm die. Crush the walnuts coarsely.
- Butter a baking dish, before adding the bread cubes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Pour the milk and condensed milk. Mix.
- Pour the mixture over the bread, leave it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Add the diced apples and nuts. Stir.
- Bake for about 45- 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve warm, accompanied if you wish with a dollop of Golden Syrup.