SEA BASS FILLETS WITH SAINT-EMILION
A RECIPE TO ACCOMPANY A SAINT-EMILION WINE, PROPOSED BY PIERRE QUILAIN
2 sea bass fillets (300g)
300g of Paris mushrooms
3 large shallots
2 cloves of garlic, whole
1 tablespoon of cream
Seasoning and chives
40cl Saint Emilion wine
MAKING THE SAUCE:
- Chop the shallots, separate the mushrooms from their stalks, then peel and thinly slice.
- In a saucepan, add a knob of butter with the chopped shallots, sliced mushrooms stalks, 2 cloves of garlic, sauté, then add the Saint-Emilion wine.
- Reduce by one-third.
- Place the sea bass fillets on a buttered dish, season and cook in a hot oven.
- Slice the mushroom heads, having washed them beforehand in a colander so that they are not to moist, stir fry quickly in a pan.
- On a dish, place the sea bass fillets on top of the mushrooms.
- Pour the red wine reduction into the pan used for the mushroom heads, reduce again for a few minutes, and then return to the saucepan. Then add the butter, piece by piece, whisking constantly.
- When the sauce has become thick and shiny, remove from the heat, and add a little cream and season.
- Pour over the fish and sprinkle with chives.